Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Blogger's Quilt Festival - An Art Quilt


It is that exciting time of year when the Blogger's Quilt Festival occurs. This will be my first year entering. It will be fun to be a part of the festivities. I decided to enter this tiny quilt in the Art category. It started as an experiment for my October bee blocks but I loved it so much that I turned it into a small quilt of it's own. It is only 12 1/2 inches square finished. I love that there are so many things to see in it, which is why I decided it was a better fit in the art quilt category.

It was originally supposed to look like a flower. Now when I look at it I see a sunrise/sunset over water. My son says it looks like a staircase that descends into a pit of fire. One blog reader said it looks like you are looking down into a valley at the setting sun in the darkening sky. Another said it looked like a tunnel with light at the end. It is so cool that it looks like so many different things. What do you see?

This is where I originally wrote about the creation of this block turned quilt.


Thank you to Amy over at Amy's Creative Side for hosting.

2 comments :

  1. This has such gorgeous color flow! The gold with pops of turquoise really has a lot of depth. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the fabric choices are perfect. this is beautiful and fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...